Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday, October 31

Tomorrow is Christopher's fifteenth birthday and you'll never guess what he wants me to do with him on our special day. In accordance with his wish, we'll be spending time together in the wild woods of Clear Creek WMA, hunting. More important than bringing home the venison will be the bonding and the memory created. We've asked Matthew to come along and are hoping he does. Matt is twenty years old, a member of a fraternity at McNeese State University and in the midst of his own tug of war with another type of dear hunting. We'll see if we can't give him a break and swing him our way. Don't take this the wrong way, ladies, he's a true gentleman.

Here's a little update on my first book. I'm basically complete with the writing of it. I'm waiting on a very gifted and talented illustrator, Mr. Thomas Reeves. God used my youngest son, Patrick, to introduce the two of us to each other. I am so honored to have Tom doing the illustrations, I do not desire to rush him. In our last meeting he forced me to give him a deadline. I did. It is next May. (Tom, if you are reading this, remember that the deadline is not set in stone.) Once I have the drawings in hand, Ill be visiting the printer. Hopefully the book will be ready for you by next December. I've got to cut it short and go to work on the railroad. In the meantime, make your day count and with God's blessing, make it good.

No comments: