Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Matthew @ clear Creek WMA

Monday, October 27

  • Matthew hasn't slowed down. After putting in a day's work, his old buddy Anthony called to see if he wanted to go hunting and he did. The two young men initially left their stands in the truck to do a little pre-hunt scouting and entered the woods. A few short minutes later they jumped up a deer and decided they had seen all they needed to and retrieved the stands from the truck to climb the trees. They sat until dark. Anthony didn't see anything but Matthew's patience was rewarded. He was entertained by a mature doe and her twin yearlings for nearly fifteen minutes. He had such a great time, I don't think it ever bothered him that the trophy buck he was hunting never stepped out for him or that he came home empty handed. He gladly accepted the gift he recieved and anxiously awaits his next return to the woods.



My afternoon was spent cleaning the chest type freezer. I discovered it unplugged and defrosted, well on its way to ruin when Patrick sent me to the shop to retrieve a bag of blackberries to make a cobbler. Boy, oh boy, how disappointed I was. Patrick cooks up such a darn good cobbler, I can taste it now!

My fellow bear surviving buddy, Kelly called last night and informed me he pulled a "Rodney" by hanging onto his stand, half way down to the ground and one-arming a shot. He succcessfully pulled it off and cleanly put down a three point buck. Way to go Kelly, I know where to ask for venison if I don't get mine soon, old buddy, buddy!

No comments: