Monday, November 3, 2008

The past weekend

Monday, November 03, 2008

The weekend didn't quite shape up, the way I thought it would. My eldest son, Rocky, asked me to stick around Saturday Morn to introduce him to my friends during the Bayou Writer's Group monthly meeting. It didn't take much to encourage me to do so. With the election of officers and discussions concerning the upcoming writer's convention on November 15, (Interested? Find out more. Access the group from my friends page.) on the agenda. The temptation to catch up on the latest with my friends was just too much to resist. I recieved Cristopher's blessing to attend the meeting, with the understanding that I would take him hunting afterwards. The meeting was great.

By the time I returned home, the plan to bring Chris hunting had adjusted to going after church the next day, on Sunday. Friends and relatives had called while I was away, to wish him a happy birthday and ask what time the party started (later that evening). At the party, Mathew announced he was going dear hunting, not to the woods with us.

During the down time between the meeting and the party, my cousin, Gloria and her husband Wayne (a mentor of mine) came over to visit. Before you knew it, Wayne and I were on top of the old silver bullet airstream changing out the air conditioner. We both had thought the small job wouldn't last very long. We were both wrong. It was one of those things that when you started, it grabbed you by the tail and wouldn't let go, until either you or it was finished. To make a long story short, let's just keep it simple and say the job didn't end until late Sunday afternoon. And only then, after eating a lot of humble pie! No hunts occurred over the weekend. Thank God, Chris is a forgiving son and accepted a rain-check from his Dad. The recently installed, used air conditioner, was working just fine, when I last checked.

So far this season, Deer-02, Rod-00

Contankerous-unforgiving air conditioner vs. Rod and Wayne-tied

Remember to do your best. And with God's help, do what you can to create good memmories. Make it count.

1 comment:

Rocky Hennigan said...

Whoa, time out!
You mean Chris had a birthday party and I knew nothing about it!
What is up with that?