Sunday, October 19, 2008

Welcome

Good morning, today is Sunday, October the ninteenth. It is early and already starting out to be an adventurous one, for me. Two weeks ago my oldest son, Rocky, began setting me up with the new web page introducing me to you. He added this blog-spot last night during the LSU game. Of course, he is a big fan of the tigers as am I. I didn't ask him to do it then. He just did it. I felt the love flow, even though he did cut me side-long glances when I would unintentially interrupt his concentration with cheers or groans. Thanks Rock-man

The adventure continues this morning with me attempting to blog on for the first time in my life, before getting to work on a short story. A story that I hope will be accepted by the Lake Charles Press. It is an unforgettable true story about a salt water fishing trip my dad took me on when I was about thirteen years old. It was an awesome trip involving an epic battle between the natural forces of nature and my hero. Who is my hero, you might ask. Why, my dad of course. He fought and survived against unbelievable odds stacked against his survival. With a ring side seat, I was convinced I was witnessing his tragic death while I stood frozen in fear and awe. Thank God, another one of my heros, present. He worked it all out for the better. And in a way only He could have done, leaving us with precious gifts. As I have mentioned earlier, this is my first attempt to post, forgive me. I really don't know if any of you will be interested in what happened on that trip, but if I do recieve visitors who are, let me know. If enough of you are interested (one) I'll post it here first, before I send it on to the paper. Thanks for visiting, I have certainly enjoyed it and hope you have too.



Remember to make it count,



W. Rodney



P.S. Any suggestions to help me be a better blogger would be appreciated.

No comments: