Thursday, March 19, 2009

Waiting

My writing is taking somewhat of a sabatical (time out). The lap top I normally use crashed on me the other day. Fortunately, Nancy had encouraged me to back up my files on something called a thumb drive. She is wise beyond her years and saved me from a lot of anxiety. The computer is now being rehabilitated by my friend, Mikey. I thank God for Mikey, he really knows his stuff and has kept me writing. You see, he knows I have to scrimp and save to go on my outdoor adventures and helps me out with the cause by saving me a lot of money with repairs. Right now if I was forced to make a choice between spending time in the great outdoors with God's nature and a new computer, guess which choice I'd make. You're right the computer loses. Although if I were to recieve several more comments from folks following along I have to admit I may forego a hunt or two.

So here I am, forced to wait, sharing time on the household's main computer with five other family members. Waiting on the electrician to come over for the final hook-up, so I can complete the remaining two percent of the utility room (Nancy and Vicky are being very forgiving and patient). Waiting to get back to work in the old silver bullet. Waiting to be able to go on a fishing trip in the great Red River WMA. And waiting on next Monday, when I have to bring my pick up truck (ol Betsy) to the Ford place for repairs, to the front end. And again for the repairs to be made (at least three days). Sometimes I wish this writing business paid a little something. Getting ol Betsy's innards fixed is gonna cost a lot, but she deserves it. She has served me well.

A break may occur this weekend. Daniel's (my son in the National Guard) buddy from bootcamp (Jonesy) is making a special trip from Kansas to visit this weekend. You may remember Jonesy is the only recruit to have tied Daniel in marksmanship scores, on the rifle range. Each one scored high enough to be named experts. The only two in the company to do so. Their drill sargent informed me that having one in the group is a rarity and two is almost unheard of. To settle the ie and have the right to represent the company on the field of honor for graduation day the young soldiers challenged each other to a physical showdown. Jonesy from Kansas defeated Daniel the paper tiger from Louisiana to win the honor. We're very proud of both of the young soldiers. I had to remind Daniel what I taught him about trying to keep up with the Jones. I don't think it helped.

Anyway, we'll be boiling crawfish Saturday, with Jonesy. And if you intend to crash it, bring your own sack. Remember, most of my money is tied up, going into the utility room and on ol Betsy. Otherwise we'll take care of everything else.

The day before (Friday) Daniel and I hope to pull out the old award winning canoe and take Jonesy fishing for specks and redfish. Being from Kansas, he hasn't had that opportunity yet. Stop laughing I already knw too. As a matter of fact we all know, don't we? I'm not even going to try to catch the largest fish. Daniel and I know it belongs to . . . Jonsey.

So hurry up Jonesy, give me an excuse, I'm here, waiting . . . to get out there.

No comments: