Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update

My friend from The Bayou Writer's Group, Angie Dilmore and her family still need your prayers for her son. Eric had major surgery performed yesterday on one of his lungs. He has been in the hospital now for four weeks and is still in intensive care. For a more detailed and indepth report visit Angie at her website, http://www.angiekaydilmore.com/.

The newspaper, "The Christian Star," containing my story went to the presses last night. If anyone would like a copy, let me know and send or call me to give me your address. I'll try to obtain copies to mail out as long as they last.

Not much to report as far as new outdoor adventures are concerned. Since returning home from the great Red River WMA deer hunt, I've worked in "the old silver bullet" swapping out appliances and changing wiring. I'm glad to say she is doing well.

I had to leave the bullet alone and neglected to begin catching up on my list of honey doos, I leave the list on the back burner on an annual basis during open season. Nancy is a great sport and is very patient in this regard. Some of her loyal friends however, are not. I'm not going to mention any names here, but one ringleader in particular, Vicky, comes to mind. She left me a scathing wake up call with a comment on one of my blog posts (titled "The Last Hunt"). I felt threatened, as if she would soon begin recruiting reinforcements and all of them would appear at the house, armed with spatulas, demanding I get to work on the room. With this frightful vision filling my mind, I hurriedly stopped working on the "Old Bullet" and picked back up where I had left off of remodeling the utility room in the house. I don't know what all the fuss was about anyway, I had just began working on the room, late last summer. And please remember, I still had to work at my real job, on the railroad.

Speaking of which, it's time to go to work. Please remember Angie and her family in your daily prayers.

Thanks,

Rod

No comments: