Thursday, March 26, 2009

Almost There

I am pleased to report, Nancy's new utility room is now in full operation! The women of the neighborhood have put their seal of approval on it and Nancy is very pleased. Me too. Once I hang the door and build a work station, I'll be out of the dog house and running free in the woods.

God is good! He knows of my desire to catch of a mess of catfish and knowing that I can't leave, sent me a mess, via an unexpected source. My good friend Sam, whom I love as a brother and doesn't fish, showed up yesterday afternoon with . . . a mess of catfish! He recieved an unexpected phone call from a guy he knows which had a problem on his hands. He had caught too many fish to clean and didn't know what to do with all of them. My brother Sam did. He took it and ran with it. We'll be frying them Friday.

More good news! I've been a little concerned with the rather large outflow of funds for the remodeling and truck repairs. I knew I needed to replace the two couches in the living room. Unfortunately they were forced to fall lower on the list of priorities although they were literally beginning to come unglued from the wear, tear and abuse from my seven sons and two dogs. And they really weren't that old either. To make another long story short . . . Two neighbors (one living on each side of me) were remodeling and exchanging their couches for ones to match the new colors and sent me their older ones. They are in excellent conditon and match the colors of the interior of our house. I shouldn't have worried. My friend Andre would call it lucky, but I know better. He knows. And I do thank Him.

No comments: