Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pre-Christmas Eve

Let me begin by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. I hope you all have been very good this year and get everything you want. If not, do as I do, and try harder to be good for next Christmas.

Next, let me issue an apology for neglecting to post before now. My good friend, Angie, sent me an e-mail reminding me to post. Thank you Angie, I really didn't think anyone was checking. I'll try harder from now on.

Patrick surprised me the other day by announcing his middle school band was joining the high school band to put on a Christmas concert. My cousin Colleen went with Nancy and I to the event. We had a great time listening to all of the talented young musicians and left filled the Spirit of the holidays.

Other than that, I haven't had the opportunity to spend any time in one of my favorite places, the woods. It has been all work and shopping, but it's not all bad. I start two weeks vacation on the first of the new year. Guess where I intend to be. Look on the Louisiana road map and find the corner in the boot, adjoining the state of Mississippi. You'll see a small community named Shaw. To the west of Shaw is a green shaded area named Red River. It's one of my most favorite places to hunt and I'll be right in the middle of it. The boys and I, along with several friends, have had some of the most amazing adventures in those woods. Some of which, I am writing about. I think you'll enjoy them

1 comment:

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

Sounds like a nice vacation, Rodney. I hope you have excellent weather and great hunting.