Monday, January 12, 2009

Red River Excursion

Hi folks,

Good news, I have safely returned home from my annual deep excursion into the heart of the wild, Red River WMA. The trip began shortly after lunch, on New Year's Day. I arrived there too late in the evening to do anything else, but set up camp. Troy, my new buddy from Eunice, had arrived an hour earlier and had saved a good spot of high ground to park the old Airstream, next to the muddy, fast flowing Red River.

Let me tell you a little about Troy. He is a good, talented person full of a positive energy, I wish I could borrow. He is an enthusiastic outdoorsman and a great chef specializing in Louisiana cuisine. He fattened me up every evening with delicious meals of jambalaya, fried fish, fried shrimp and grilled steaks. You name it, and he more than likely, cooked it. There's nothing quite like sitting around the camp enjoying good meals and swapping stories with my friend Troy. He's a great guy, I'll always appreciate and look forward to seeing again, next year. Without him, I'd be eating my normal fare of bologna sandwiches and smoked oysters from a can. Thanks, Troy.

I've ran out of time, there'll be more of the trip, later.

No comments: