Saturday, December 6, 2008

Boat Parade

Good Morning,

Today is Saturday, the sixth day of December. Today is the day the city of Lake Charles is hosting Christmas celebrations. The city will be filled with celebrants enjoying the parades, choirs, fireworks and other fun filled activities, including the boat parade.

Some of you know how special the boat parade is to my family and I. The boys and I had an amazing adventure and endured personal trials of faith during our first attempt to join the parade. We simply wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and enjoy seeing the fireworks from the water. That fateful night ended and left us filled with awe over the many blessings we recieved from both, God and the wonderful people, who attended the parade as spectators. Special gifts that David, Daniel, Matthew and I will always deeply appreciate and will never forget. I will reveal and share them with you in my first book, with a humble heart. My hope is that it will strengthen your faith and inspire you to spend as much time with your family as possible. That's what the experience did for me.

My youngest son, Patrick, announced to me some time ago that he wanted to be in the parade this year. So once again, I have to overcome my own senses telling me to play it safe and remain at home, to enter him into the parade.

I must admit as the time of the start of the parade nears, I feel a growing sense of excitement. Pat joined the middle school band this year and is playing a trumpet. He has been practicing daily at home in order to play carols for the crowd, as his special gift. I hope he is well recieved. All of my remaining boys feel as if they have grown too old to participate with us, or perhaps found some common sense. Patrick intends to ask his good friend Aaron and his sister Lacy to ride in the canoe with us.

If you can, attend all of the fun festivities and stay to watch the parade with the fireworks afterwards. If you see us, shout out or better yet, join in our celebration of Our Lord, Jesus' birthday, by singing with us. If you can't carry a tune, don't worry about it, I can't either. Together we can make joyful noise. If you can't come, please pray for us, that we are successful in spreading the good news by lending our voices to the Good Spirit of the season.

A heartfelt Merry Christmas to you all and thank you for your support,

From Rodney and the rest of the Hennigan family

P.S.
The parade starts at six thirty p.m., behind the Civic Center. Stand near the seawall and listen for the horn.

No comments: